Some days are just SPECTACULAR and April 9th was one of those days for me! Thanks to Kavita Joshi and HER wonderful blog http://talkingexperience.wordpress.com/2013/04/09/versatile-blogger-award/ for nominating me! As I said to her when she told me, Frodo (the grand protector of our royal domain) and his “second in command” Diesel and I were doing the “full tail in the air” happy dance as we frolicked in the Tinkerbell fairy dust and dined on chocolate… yes, April 9th was already a “go ahead and eat dessert first” sort of day! The question was simply which of the chocolate lovelies would we dive into first!
So my humble but exuberant thanks to dear Kavita for bestowing this lovely award on me!
So…. the rules:
- Thank and link back to the person who awarded you. – Thank you, thank you, thank you, Kavita! http://talkingexperience.wordpress.com
- Nominate 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — include a link to their site (and tell them that you nominated them)
Wow!! Where do I begin?? There are so many amazingly wonderful blogs. It is indeed an amazingly blissful and inspiring world that we share here in the blogosphere… So… if I must chose only 15, know that this was a super tough challenge and that I so appreciate all of the joy and encouragement and hope and laughter that so many put out into the world on a daily basis!
- http://ourdachshundsophie.com (Frodo insisted…!)
- http://iamforchange.wordpress.com (Still loving the special youtube feature)
- http://goodmorningctown.wordpress.com (so thought provoking!)
- http://tiarefitness.com (joyous!)
- http://eyedancers.wordpress.com (wishing you such success!)
- http://glutenfreegus.com (yum yum!!)
- http://bunnyandporkbelly.com (how to gain weight just looking at photos!)
- http://rachelmankowitz.wordpress.com (Frodo gives 4 paws up–plus a tail!)
- http://ourcloudlounge.com (staggeringly beautiful)
- http://thoughtsquestionsqueries.wordpress.com (the recipes!!!)
- http://laceandcombatboots.com (for inspiring me to get back to blogging…wink!)
- http://runningkattales.com (for nominating me for very Inspiring blogger and encouraging me with my little Tinkerbell blog!!–a nomination which I confess came when I was so new to my blogging experience that I hadn’t really had time to explore the community… yes, I got a wee bit bogged down trying to select the 15 bloggers that I would nominate…gulp…how would I possibly narrow that down…hee hee…although now…. wink!)
- http://booksforcooksreview.com (delicioso!!)
- http://anushrusrini.wordpress.com (lovely!)
- http://mysuccessisyoursuccess.wordpress.com (powerful…!)
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself….
- If I have learned anything in my life, it’s to bask fully in the moment…expect Life to deliver miracles to you… and believe that “those terrible things” are often the very vessels that carry us toward achieving the dreams that we hold so dear…from our challenges comes inspiration…but remember to describe your day based on your successes—not based on your perceived stumbles…remember to talk to yourself the way that you would have your mate adore you…isn’t that really the most profound meaning of having a “soul mate”?… love life…love life…love life…and then love life some more….
- When I was in middle school (then called junior high), I was told that I had no artistic talent… when I was in college, I was given a C+ over D- for my writing…. and so I went many years defining what I “could do” based on the “assessment” of some “authoritative others”. I don’t regret that because now I love (LOVE) my artistic gifts and (swoon) sharing my own unique writing perspective with others… like precious treasures that had remained lost for decades, I cherish them now more than ever…and yet… to those who are still chronologically young (and those who are just young at heart), I would say: As much as others would love to tell you who you are and what you can (or cannot do), their words are only “true” if you believe them…yes, you are the writer, director and lead actor in your story. You define who you are and where your joy lies. Yes, bliss is a hint to tell you where you are “meant” to go…. blissful moments are the breadcrumbs along the sweet path “homeward”…
- I was a single mom for virtually the entire time that my children were young but what a glorious adventure it was! As my son once said, “we may not have a ‘normal’ family but we have a perfect one!” My children never cease to surprise and delight me. They are proof that often the fairy tale is nice but the reality is luscious!! (Ditto to the sweet wonderful man that is now in my life…wink!)
- I have been some shape or form of a vegetarian/pescetarian for almost (wow) 40 years. I credit this culinary style for enabling me to keep up with the “youngsters” on this planet! Wink! I work out (in sheer “sweat-filled bliss) 5 days a week and go mountain biking on day 6. (I dance with Frodo and Diesel on Day 7)
- I believe in the power of day dreaming…hugely inspired by the amazing insights of Esther Hicks/ Abraham “Law of Attraction”. By retraining my mind to focus on ideas and beliefs that really serve me, I have seen magic unfold… I wear my Tinkerbell wings and rose colored glasses proudly… my dreams not only empower me, but they ground me–and reel me back in when I tread in those “scary places” that my mind sometimes insists that I “should” go.
- I am only about 4 weeks away from launching my chocolate cookbook! Yes, what a crazy thing for a health/fitness enthusiast to be doing…wink! But that’s part of the fun…creating one’s own definition of who we are… and sometimes doing the unexpected even people might say that it doesn’t quite “fit”…wink! I am a bit of a food snob, so if I am going to eat desserts, it must be something extraordinary! And exxxtraordinary in my world means Ghirardelli brownies not chocolate cake with sprinkles (although chocolate cake with sprinkle lovers are wonderful too!), soooo….over the years, I have played around with numerous recipes to get them where they could make my knees melt….well apparently, they made some of my friends’ and family’s knees melt too because for years, people have BEGGED me for my recipes…believe it or not, it never occurred to me until about a month ago to consider writing a chocolate cook book…in fact, the entire world of publishing seemed TREMENDOUSLY INTIMIDATING…sort of like winning the lottery…until one day, I stumbled upon this crazy course about writing an ebook and I decided to give it a whirl…so cross fingers…ha ha!
- I am a huge dachshund fan, so it is with great joy that Frodo and I launched his own little blog and of course FB page…. life only spans 100 years, so make time to chase squirrels, feel the wind in your ears, wag often and savor the snackie-poos!
- (I know…you said 7) I am not known for my brevity…wink!
Thank you again for nominating me for this! Back to shining the Tinkerbell wings and admiring the night sky with the protectors of the Royal Domain!
Tink (Frodo and 100ShadesofChocolate)